Friday, January 20, 2012

One of "those" days...

I'm having one of those days today...

The one where I get a text saying Riley's ride to school can't bring her this morning so I have to swing by (but not really swing by because it isn't on the way) her school before I drop Nora at preschool.  I think to myself, no big deal we've done this before.  As we are frantically dressing for the super cold weather I smell something and ask, "did someone fart", they all deny so we continue getting ready, a few seconds later I hear Nora say as she shows me her mitten, "I must not have wiped good enough", sure enough her mitten has all the evidence I need!  I scoot her downstairs, jacket and all and have her undress, change her underwear and I help wipe her behind.

The morning entails me holding Ian or he is crying and even most of the time I'm holding him he's crying.  I drug him up with some ibuprofen and think about checking his ears.

Samuel has just now decided he no longer needs to nap--this is the same boy who over Christmas, just one month ago, couldn't hold it together and was the king of crabbiness because he had lost out on too much sleep.  So he is talking, jumping, singing, and throwing things in his crib.  Not sure when he'll figure out that he can climb out.  Hopefully not soon!

Ian has finally laid down for a nap but it doesn't last long....
Need to check those ears soon.

I'm doing laundry and when I go down to switch the loads I realize I never put laundry detergent in the load I just took out and put in the drier--rewind, put that load in again, this time with detergent.

I take a look at Ian's jammies and they are filthy,  I realize just how dirty my floors are, YIKES!  I like to pretend that my house is not that dirty.

Did I mention it is Brian's birthday and the cupcakes I made didn't turn out very well?

I'm surprisingly calm about it all--must be because I have these kinds of days often...



That night, one kid started on abx for a bladder infection, and another on abx for an ear infection!









No comments: